8 December 2011
Thank you to all our members for their contributions
The League would like thank the following women for contributing to the Holiday Hampers programme this year. Whether donating gifts for a hamper or liaising with a corporate donor, these women played a key role in helping us expand the programme by 15% and reaching our ambitious goal of assembling more than 1,000 hampers.
We would like to recognise the following members for going above and beyond:
• Susanna Pitts, who secured 4 hampers and over £1,200 in hamper sponsorship from outside of the league (including £1,000 in corporate funds)
• Jenny Noe-Nordberg, who co-ordinated with friends outside of the League to donate 14 hampers
• Ashley McCullen, who donated an extra-large Eaves house gift AND secured corporate donations
• Jeanie Arnold, who donated a hamper AND an Eaves house
• Melissa Allen, who donated 2 hampers, an Eaves house and £50 for hamper sponsorship partially through donations outside of the League
• Christine Theodore, Jennifer Hicks, Lisa Bajardi and Meredith Niles, who each donated 2 hampers
• Kate Demirjian and Claire Thornley who initiated gift drives at the American School in London and The Hall
• The following women helped us establish relationships with corporate donors or other members of the public who supported the programme: Curtis Brown for books (Mary Burris), Lush for soaps (Ashley McCullen), L’Oreal for cosmetics and toiletries (Kathrin Dunn), Minerva for space to assembly the hampers (Elisabeth Schwab), My Media for printing (Angie O’Sullivan), Recall for cardboard boxes (Kate Caldarelli), Dr. Renda Welch DDS for toothbrushes (Lauren Welch), Georgina Whiteley for design work (Kat Laina) Charles Staton-Jones for photography (Annie Byerley) and Dipti Kapadia of the Wall Street Journal for videography (Jennifer Hicks).
Ana Arxer (Taylor)
Anne Doty Stukas
Gillian Granville Bentley
Diana Peck Borys
Mary Allen Saunders
*These women deserve an extra thank you donating gifts for more than one hamper!