WHO IS THE JLL? We are leaders and visionaries, activists and philanthropists, expats and locals, graduates and professionals, mums and singletons. From all generations and backgrounds, we are bound by one goal: to help women, children, and families throughout London break the cycle of poverty.
- We help refugees secure jobs.
- Assist in English classes.
- Provide job interview advice and mock interviews for students from low income families.
- Teach computer skills in local libraries to the elderly.
- Support & provide professional clothing to those who can’t afford it.
- Teach young women how to cook an affordable meal.
- Provide books, craft supplies and activities for children in schools and community centres.
- Make Christmas special for families and elderly by providing gifts and food.
- Organize events that raise funds for community needs.
- Develop members into civic leaders.
- Make lasting friendships. And much, much more. Join us today!
How to become a volunteer for the JLL
Our New Member Development Committee runs the New Member Programme, which welcomes women to the League twice a year as New Members, in January and September. We are hosting the following information sessions to recruit prospective new members for the Fall 2017 New Member Class:
- 23rd August – Fulham
- 30th August – City
- 6th September – City
- Application Deadline – 7th September
Note – all sessions will be from 7-8:45PM
Prospective members will learn about the new member programme, understand what it means to be a member of the Junior League of London, and network with current and prospective members.
If you are interested in attending any of the above sessions please RSVP your interest here. Should you have any questions you can email the New Member Development Committee at NMDCJLL@gmail.com or phone the office on +44 (0)207 250 8104.
We look forward to meeting you soon!