WHO IS THE JLL? We are leaders and visionaries, activists and philanthropists, expats and locals, graduates and professionals, mums and singletons. From all generations and backgrounds, we are bound by one goal: to help women, children, and families throughout London break the cycle of poverty.
- We help refugees secure jobs.
- Assist in English classes.
- Provide job interview advice and mock interviews for students from low income families.
- Teach computer skills in local libraries to the elderly.
- Support & provide professional clothing to those who can’t afford it.
- Teach young women how to cook an affordable meal.
- Provide books, craft supplies and activities for children in schools and community centres.
- Make Christmas special for families and elderly by providing gifts and food.
- Organize events that raise funds for community needs.
- Develop members into civic leaders.
- Make lasting friendships. And much, much more. Join us today!
How to become a volunteer for the JLL
Our New Member Development Committee runs the New Member Programme, which welcomes women to the League twice a year as New Members, in January and September. The New Member Programme for Spring 2017 will officially begin on Saturday, 19th February 2018. We hold Information Sessions for prospective New Members to the League who are interested in learning more about who we are and how we work with and help the London community at large. Information sessions will take place on the following dates.
- 9th January 2018 (Chelsea)
- 16th January 2018 (Bank)
- 23rd January 2018 (Bank)
- 30th January 2018 (Fulham)
- 6th February 2018 (Moorgate)
- 7th February 2018: New Member applications for the Spring 2018 New Member Programme are due
Note – all sessions will be from 7-8:45PM
At these sessions, prospective New Members will also learn about the New Member Programme, understand what it means to be a member of the Junior League of London and meet current League Members as well as other prospective New Members.
If you are interested in attending any of the above sessions, please register here. If you have any questions please email the New Member Development Committee at NMDCJLL@gmail.com or phone the office on +44 (0)207 250 8104.
We look forward to meeting you soon!